Saturday, September 4, 2010

X-Terra 6 Shakespeare Bay.

Ran this pretty fast and went hard last year in 1:30. It's the shortest race in the series but has a long technical coastal section. I took the race start easy as well as the coastal section as I knew there were a few hills to climb at the end. I had enough in the tank to run the hills at the end and an easy trot to the finish. I took 4 mins off my time last year coming in at 1:26 and felt fresh and relaxed at the end. Knew my third place in series was assured so just wanted to see how a more relaxed approach to this race would leave me feeling at the end. Answer I could have easily run it again even faster. Wore my NB's but they felt heavy after the sea. Think the inov8's would have been lighter but not sure how they would have coped on the slippery coastal section?

No comments:

Post a Comment